View Master Vintage Classic Reel Viewer
Model C - 1946-1955
The most recognized of all View-Master viewers was introduced in 1946 and remained in production for approximately 10 years. Made of black bakelite, it is a sturdy and durable viewer.
- Collectible - Like New
- Works with all View-Master Reels
As Wolfgang and Mary Ann Sell have noted on their website:
"Stereocraft Engineering created this new design and it remains the basic principle applied to all viewers made ever since then! (Author's Note: This viewer was still being distributed in 1956 although it was no longer being manufactured at that time.) It was produced at both the U.S. and the Belgium plants. Because this viewer was in production for almost 10 years, there are many differences that accompany this basic Bakelite viewer. Some of those we have found include the following:"
- Dark Brown
- Light Brown
- Black/Brown speckled
- Two-Tone Brown
- Sawyers name and patent information outlined in box at bottom of back (seam down middle of viewer)
- Sawyers name and patent information not outlined
- Advance lever in brass
- Advance lever in aluminum
- Advance lever in chrome
- Seven "steps" leading to top of viewer
- Six "steps"; greater distance from top of viewer to first "step"
- Rivets are concave
- Rivets are inset
- Rivets are pin-pointed
The viewers sometimes have been known to have problems in advancing the reel. They stick. We pick only the best of the vintage viewers to offer to our customers. We restore their original lustre and make certain that the diffusers are intact.